British singer-songwriter Raye has expressed heartbreak and frustration after dozens of fans were denied entry to her Paris concert, despite holding valid tickets.
In an emotional message shared on her Instagram Story on Tuesday, February 17, the rising star revealed that 65 concertgoers were unexpectedly turned away from her performance at the Accor Arena. The show was part of her ongoing European tour, but what should have been a celebratory night quickly turned into disappointment for many.
A Technical Glitch Sparks Outrage
According to the singer, the issue stemmed from a ticket validation error linked to Ticketmaster. She explained that the tickets in question were not fully validated at the time of purchase due to a system malfunction — something she emphasized was completely beyond her control.
Sharing her frustration publicly, Raye Says She Feels “Deeply Disappointed” After Ticketmaster Glitch Prevents Fans From Attending Her Show, Calls Situation “Unacceptable.”
She told fans she was “completely devastated” upon learning that more than five dozen supporters had been refused entry. Calling the incident “unacceptable and wrong,” she made it clear that she felt both saddened and let down by the circumstances.
While Ticketmaster later confirmed that a small number of attendees experienced a technical issue during entry, the damage had already been done. The company stated that affected customers had received full refunds along with gift cards as compensation.

Raye Steps In Personally to Make Amends
Despite the ticketing company issuing refunds, Raye didn’t feel that financial reimbursement alone was enough.
Taking matters into her own hands, she offered the 65 impacted fans complimentary tickets to any future Raye show of their choice. In addition, she promised to gift each person a signed vinyl as a personal gesture of apology.
She admitted that nothing could truly replace the experience of missing a live show, but she wanted to do something meaningful to soften the blow. Her message reflected not only disappointment but genuine care for the people who support her music.
Tour Continues Despite Setback
The Paris show was part of Raye’s “This Tour May Contain New Music” run, which began in late January and includes multiple dates across Europe. In March, she is set to launch the North American leg of the tour, which will continue through mid-May.
The tour builds anticipation for her upcoming album, This Music May Contain Hope, scheduled for release on March 27. The project includes her breakout single “Where Is My Husband!,” which climbed to No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this year — marking her highest position on the chart so far.
Fans Rally Behind the Singer
While the technical mishap caused understandable frustration, many fans online have praised Raye for her transparency and accountability. Instead of staying silent, she addressed the issue directly and offered tangible compensation — something that strengthened her connection with her audience.
Though the night at Accor Arena didn’t unfold as planned for everyone, Raye’s swift response and heartfelt apology have helped turn a disappointing situation into a reminder of why her fanbase continues to grow.